miércoles, 17 de julio de 2013

The Poppa pins

The baby is not asleep right now, or maybe she is, I don't know. She is at daycare, and I'm at the office where I work with the momma, and while I figure out something I need for work, I thought I might come here and explain a bit what I do during these trying times of what we'll call "windows of procastination".
It's a thing, not a monster, an all consuming beastly black hole called Pinterest.

After writing that word down, I was compelled to go to the site and pin a little. It shouldn't be quite that big of a draw, should it? You're simply looking and sharing images and videos from the internet with others. The thing is, that unlike facebook, there is very little sharing of who you are, but insharing what you like and enjoy and find funny, you're opening up way more about who you are. Deep down, your board dedicated to Pretty Little Liars says more about who you are than a vague status update about the state of your teeth and heart, the way you post on facebook.

I like it how it's kinda like a daydream that you keep updating; what to wear, what to watch, what to wear, a cat in a funny cat, and even what to drink and eat. And it's social too, you allow people to fill your imagination with visuals, so you can make little movies inside your head: if I could bake this, buy this dress, use this digital fungus remover...

And every now and then, you find yourself with the absolute need and desire to try something you found on a board, just calling out to you, tryyyyyy meeeeee, baaakeeee meeeee, waaaatch meeeeeeeee. (Other things yell doooo meeee, but I didn't want to give the wrong impression.) For some, it's a recipve for the perfect enchilada, or to knit the perfect hat, or to watch this wonderful indie movie, and then you go and do that, and make an absolute mess, or it might end up changing your life forever.

That's what Pinterest did to me, by inviting me to finally give a chance to something that's been lurking and hovering over my life forever.

Doctor Who.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario