martes, 16 de julio de 2013

This is the Momma

I could not think of a better entry title so there, to avoid confussion I thought letting everyone know who was writting from the very beginning would be easy.

Before introducing myself I want to make something clear: I HAVE NEVER, EVER DROPPED THE BABY (TODDLER). She fell off the bed once because we looked away for a moment and at her 5 months she rolled her self off the bed and fell on a fluffy pair of boots that prevent her head from bumping on the floor. Other than that, Papa is right, all the times she's fallen down all  by herself do not count. Unless, of course, you count that one time ( like a month ago) when I dropped a doll box (with the doll inside) at Wal Mart  on her face and bought her a My Little Pony stuffed animal AND the doll out of guilt. 

Having said that, and now that my reputation has been restored, it's time for you to know a bit about me.

I'm a working mom. A hard working mom and that could be everything some people may need to know to get me all figured out. 

Some people may think I look like this:


Some people may think I look like this:



When in reality I look like something like this:


MINUS THE FLAT STOMACH
Really, I'm a pretty relaxed mom I go to work wearing jeans and never wear heels. I do wear make up and try to tame my hair into something nice, I wear glasses and all I really want to do once the baby (toddler) is in bed is get glued to the TV or my Kindle. I am relaxed and sometimes my house is a mess, sometimes the baby did not get a bath and most days she has dinner in front of the TV like a farm animal. But all of that is what makes this family work. We relax and let things flow. 
But really, at the end of the baby's day, all we want, the three of us, is lay down in bed, listen to some baby music and spend the last minutes of her day watching her laugh and dose off into blissful sleep. OR NOT. Sometimes we just take her to her crib because she just won't stop jumping on my non- flat stomach

BUT WE CAN NOT MISS OUR SHOWS, WE CAN NOT MISS OUR DAILY GOSSIP READING AND MOST OF ALL WE CAN NOT STOP LAUGHING OUR ASSES OFF ( yes Momma has a potty mouth) AT STUPID VIDEOS OR PEOPLE FALLING DOWN.


We are we and we thought being us would be interesting to someone out there who shares an obsession for Netflix and good books. 

Now, I gotta go the baby is patting my arm as a way of rocking herself to sleep and I am afraid the computer light is not helping her during that process.

Until Next Time.

-Nighttime Momma



No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario